SPRING clothing appointments are now being scheduled. Please do not drop off items without a scheduled appointment. We strive to bring you the very best in high-end consignment. To do this, we maintain high quality standards which means inspecting items carefully and large, unscheduled drop offs back us up and therefore cannot be accepted. Please look over the detailed lists below of what items we can and cannot take and choose a MAXIMUM of your very best 30 items to bring to your appointment. We look forward to seeing you!
Wish list/items that are currently in high demand include:
*Video Monitors*BOB & Maclaren Strollers (single & double)*Space Saver high chairs*Balance Bikes*Gated Play Yards*Awesome TOYS including Thomas the Train items & American Girl*Kitchen Helpers & Learning Towers*Play Room Furniture*Push Buggy Cars*Single Umbrella Strollers*
Email us TODAY if you some of these items and would like to set up an appointment – we make it EASY!
We continue to accept excellent condition secondhand gear, equipment and toys during all seasons. Please read everything below and email us for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you soon!
GUIDELINES FOR CONSIGNING AT MCADOODLE – WE MAKE IT EASY!
1. Choose a type of appointment and shoot an email to email@example.com to get on the schedule.
2. Carefully review the list of what we accept and do not accept and choose your best 30 items ONLY to bring with you.
3. Come visit us and tell your friends!
EMAIL US TO GET ON THE SCHEDULE
Items are consigned by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment and check to see if we have room for any large items that you may wish to bring.
Limit your “drop” to 30 items per appointment and follow the favorite brands and items list closely when choosing those 30 items to bring in.
Specify what type of appointment you are looking to set:
–STOP, DROP & ROLL – drop off your clearly labeled PAPER shopping bags of clothing, let us look through and contact you when we are done to either come back and pick up what we are not able to use or authorize us to donate it. If you choose to come back to pick up the items, we ask that you do so within 3 business days due to limited storage space.
–DROP & SHOP – as you shop, we will pull the items that are in high demand or that our store inventory is currently lacking and return the remaining items for you to take with you.
We strive to make this process as easy as possible for you as the consignor and pride ourselves on taking good care with your items. By following the guidelines below strictly, you ensure the majority of your items will be accepted and sold quickly! The items that we accept for consignment include:
ALWAYS (or almost always)
New or very gently worn children’s clothing – sizes newborn to 9/10. Items must be new or like-new, very good used, clean condition, free of stains, tears, pilling, fading, pet hair, odors, missing buttons and non-functioning zippers. Items must also be current – within the last 2-3 years. In addition, please make sure all snaps are snapped, all buttons, buttoned and clothing is wrinkle-free – this not only speeds up getting your items tagged and on the racks but makes it much more attractive to the buyer If an item is accepted and one of the above damages is later found, the item could be pulled from the rack and donated.
YES – Brands we LOVE and sell easily include but are not limited to: Ralph Lauren, Gap, Mini Boden, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, tea collection, Janie & Jack, Lilly Pulitzer, Hartstrings, Kissy Kissy, 7 for All Mankind, Mud Pie, Iris & Ivy, Juicy Couture, Matilda Jane and the wide variety of brands that offer SMOCKED clothing!
NO – Brands we are generally not able to accept or carry in extremely limited quantity due to low resale value (due to low retail prices) or limited customer demand: Healthtex, Circo, The Children’s Place, Carters, Genuine Kids by Osh Kosh, Vitamin Baby, Babyworks, Arizona, Cherokee, Classic Pooh, Miniwear, Koala Baby, Faded Glory and Garanimals.
BACK TO “YES PLEASE!”–
New or gently used baby gear including strollers, joggers, play yards and pack-n-plays, high chairs, bouncy seats, exersaucers, baby carriers buckle carriers & wraps, infant swings and jumperoos. Gear must be CLEAN, have all straps, buckles and other hardware present and in working order as well as fresh batteries to show that the item works.
Toys: must be in excellent condition condition, wiped VERY clean so the toy truly appears “like new” and include all pieces and fresh batteries if required to show the toy functions properly. We are very discerning when it comes to the toys that we are able to accept both due to low resale value of many toys and of course being diligent about safety regulations and standards. Toys from companies such as Pottery Barn, Constructive Playthings, Plan Toys, Melissa & Doug, Land of Nod, Lamaze, Manhattan Toy Company, Little Tikes, Step 2, etc. are generally accepted. Although we do accept bins of blocks, Lego sets that require all pieces to build a specific object may not be accepted only because we are not able to quickly verify all pieces are there.
Please always check before bringing the following items to a consignment appointment as we accept them space permitting and dependant on current stock:
- Furniture to include bassinets, gliders, rockers, changing tables, dressers and baby gates.
- Children’s books.
- Decorative items such as wall hangings and lamps.
Items we are NEVER able to accept include but are not limited to:
- Carseats and bases.
- Breast pumps.
- Bottles, sippy cups, plates, utensils, bottle brushes, etc.
- Infant tubs and training pottys.
- Wipe warmers, bottle warmers, food or sterilizers.
- Inflatable toys.
- Bedding *the only exceptions are NEW, unused baby blankets.
**Lastly but MOST importantly – before bringing in any toys or gear, please make sure to check for recalls by visiting http://www.cpsc.gov/. This very important, additional step is greatly appreciated!**
Upon setting up a consignor account with McAdoodle, you will be asked to sign a consignment agreement.
The highlights are as follows:
- McAdoodle reserves the right to set the absolute selling price. If you have particular concerns about an item’s price, please discuss it with McAdoodle prior to leaving it – we don’t want anyone having seller’s remorse 😉 That said, keep in mind, pricing is always set with all parties in mind – Consignor * Customer * Shop.
- For items considered “gear, equipment or furniture” you will earn 50% of the item’s selling price and for items considered “clothing, toys, accessories or misc” you will earn 40% on the item’s sold price. As soon as the item sells, your earnings will be available as store credit. Should you choose not to use the balance as store credit and the amount is over $20, it will be paid in the form of a check. Checks are cut three times each year – end of April, end of August and the end of December and held at the store for pick up unless other arrangements are made.
- If your balance is lower than $20 come check cutting time it will be held and rolled over to the next period until a higher balance has accumulated.
- Consignment period is approximately 65 days. All items are subject to sales and markdowns at the sole discretion of the management. Occasionally, for larger items that do not sell quickly, we may need to shorten the consignment period due to limited space. When you are emailed your inventory list, the “expiration date” will be in the subject line of the email. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF THIS EXPIRATION DATE and contacting us to arrange pick up of unsold items if you would like them back. ITEMS LEFT UNSOLD AND UNCLAIMED THEREAFTER BECOME THE PROPERTY OF MCADOODLE CONSIGNMENT. If they are later sold, they may not be credited to your account and may be donated.
Thank you for choosing McAdoodle! Please email us with any additional questions you may have prior to consigning – we are happy to answer them!